The goal of growth hacking is to use a systematic testing process to solve business problems and achieve objectives via learning experiences.
A systematic testing process focuses on bringing tests related to problem-solving or achieving goals from start to end in an agreed-upon cycle, and the analysis made on them focuses on learning experiences.
Systematic = operations are formed into a repeatable routine.
Testing = the focus lies in testing, so we accept that we do not know the end result when we start.
Process = a routine includes going through all the stages of a
Problem-solving or achieving a goal = testing focuses on striving
towards a predetermined objective.
Learning experience = test results are seen as valuable learning experiences. Also failed tests are opportunities for learning.
Growth hacking is a tool independent of silos, and can be used to increase efficiency in any function of a company, in any scale or lifecycle stage the company might be in.
The basic growth hacking process
0. Choose a key performance indicator (KPI), a target value for the growth hacking process to strive for and to measure. KPI objectives might include revenue, website traffic, sales calls, or customer satisfaction.
1. Analysis: Analyze the starting situation or the learning experience from the previous testing cycle.
2. Hypothesis: Make 1-3 hypotheses to improve the KPI based on data analytics or interviews, for example.
3. Prioritization: Prioritize the hypotheses based on success likelihood, resource-intensity (money and/or time), and scalability.
4. Testing: Immediately implement the chosen hypothesis as a test Try to choose a hypothesis that you can test within the agreed-upon testing cycle.
Focus on every stage of the process and repeat all of them in every testing cycle (a week or two weeks). Focus on the testing routine – achieving results always takes some time.
Download a guide to growth hacking
Download a free quick start guide to growth hacking = systematic testing process.
This practical guide is for entrepreneurs, CEOs and everyone who works in marketing, sales, customer success or anything between. Systematic testing process improves your performance regardless your function, role or the size of the business.